Friday, October 16, 2020

How to get rid of spam emails?

The spam emails not only disturb you but also occupy your email space. You will need to frequently clean up the spam email otherwise it would slow down your search productivity if you need to check and search some of your key emails.

But how to prevent from receiving the spam email at the first place?

One lesson I learned from my recent experience is: do not simply and easily give out your email address!

Recently I visited a lot of open houses for my house hunting exercises and during my visits, I was required to fill up my information such as name, phone number, email address, my realtor information etc. Every time when I fill up those forms, I just simply fill up my email address without further thinking. Then, after my visits, I started to receive emails from the open house agents regarding not only the open house information but also the general house market information. The information covers all the new listed houses along with the market trend for the specific areas.

Of course, such information is very helpful for my house hunting. But imagining, if 10 agents send out to you the similar house information every week or every other day, those information can be very disturbing.

The problem is that even you told them do not send me further emails or even you unsubscribed from their email list, somehow you continue receiving their emails which is kind of ignoring.

Now I am continue visiting the open house, but I stop leaving my email address in the required form to prevent further blow out of my mailbox.

House hunting is just one simply example and we need to be very careful and cautious also in other occasions by not simply sharing your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment