Saturday, September 29, 2012

I found the following article about SEO:

http://www.bitrebels.com/technology/seo-pyramid-4-most-important-keys-to-better-ranking-infographic/

Although it touches upon many concepts we've already discussed, I thought that the SEO Pyramid infographic was a helpful reminder for the priorities one should set for building better site discoverability.

The four level pyramid is structured with server response and site structure at its bottom. Well-designed URL and internal link structures are foundational to effective SEO. The second layer focuses on title tags, effective keyword sets, and diversity of content, including text, images, and video. Level three of the pyramid includes directory submission, conversational linking, and outreach linking. Finally, the top of the pyramid is focused on community building in social networks and video sharing sites. As I work on optimizing a friend's website, I plan to refer to this graphic so I optimize both my time and the site's SEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment